E-commerce marketing is a powerful tool to building potential customer for your e-commerce website.
In today’s competitive era, without a strategic e-commerce marketing plan your business’s website will fall in among the thousands of other companies selling similar products for similar prices. Marketing strategies like search engine optimization, search engine marketing, email marketing, and affiliate marketing, social media marketing can help an e-commerce website to gain number of shoppers.
Here are some paid marketing tactics
1. Social Media Marketing: Social media marketing (SMM) is a process of gaining traffic or customer attention via social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram , Pinterest, Youtube and so on. It is most popular and effective paid tool in today’s internet era. Facebook ads, Twitter ads and LinkedIn advertise can drive traffic to your website.
2. Display Marketing: Display marketing or display advertising is a type of advertising that comes in several forms, including banner ad services, rich media, images, audio and video. Online advertising is all about building brand familiarity with your target audience and is a versatile advertising medium in this competitive online space.
3. Email Marketing: Email marketing is a marketing technique to reach consumers directly via email in broadest sense. It is a popular way for businesses to reach potential or current customers. It can be more than just text message, It can be used for sending links directly to people who may have never heard of your business, pop-up ads, request business, or solicit sales or donations and rich media formats.
4. Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is when you let other people market your company’s products in return for a percentage of sales that you generate as a result of their efforts.
Good thing about affiliate marketing is that you don’t have to invest the time & effort to create a product to sell; it relies on being able to track the source of a particular sale. You just provide a unique URL that affiliate marketers use to promote your products. When someone (customer) clicks on that URL, they get taken to your webpage and, if they make a purchase, the affiliate tracking software will attribute that sale to the blogger.
5. Pay-per click advertising / Google AdWords: Paid advertising using Google adwords or Bing ads can be great way to generate clicks and sales to your website. Pay per click ads are shown in search engine networks & display networks. Every time someone clicks on your ad, they get taken to your targeted page and you will be charged a fee for every click.